Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Return


We made it back to Shanghai that night, went to church again Sunday, and did some final souvenir shopping. The next day I bought a collection of strange Chinese candy, including some corn flavored jelly thingies, and had the longest day of my life. Our plane left Shanghai at 4:00 PM June 2nd and we arrived in Seattle around 10:30 PM the same day. The Fitches of Seattle opened their house to us for yet another night and we drove back to Pullman. Katie is currently en route to Provo and the China adventure of 2008 has officially ended.


China is a wonderful place. To understand its people is to understand a growing percentage of the world's scientists, businesspeople, and world leaders. There are indeed rough spots where the lacquer is worn thin so to speak, but it is important to do our best to understand what has shaped the China we see so far. I returned with a completely new perspective to the world and one that will help me throughout my life.


I also want to thank the Fitches, the Clevengers, Cameron, Katie, and all the friends who made the trip possible. Thanks for making it this far and have a wonderful life.

No comments: