Wednesday, June 4, 2008

China Trip Introduced

Now that I am back in mind, body, and circadian rhythm, I feel ready and obligated to write to those I love and let ya'll share a part of my journey with me. This is going to be long, but you can read it piece by piece if you wish, it is unreasonable for me to expect you to drink such distilled experience in one gulp! Sip on this my friends, and I pray that my thoughts are clear, experiences vivid, and that you are entertained as well.


I have spent the last two weeks traveling in China. Two weeks is indeed cosmically short, only about one-fiftieth of a lap around the sun, but 14 days spent in a new land among new friends, can change a life forever. I adventured with a friend from “Unie” (that's how we found the Britons refer to college) who is a fluent mandarin speaker. She made the trip possible and proved to be a fantastic traveling companion. Traveling with a person who speaks the language helped me to experience the culture in a deeper manner than most.


For more pictures check out my Picasa album here.

3 comments:

Kersten said...

So fascinating! I am jealous!!

L&C said...

Not the 5 day China bus tour....a great trave log

Taralyn said...

Wow lucky! I'm so jealous... I miss China. :o(